STUNNING CHALET IN MORGINS, SWITZERLAND
APARTMENT 10, CHALET CHESERY, 1875 MORGINS, SWITZERLAND
We also have a chalet apartment in Morgins in Switzerland which sleeps 8. The skiing is part of the Portes de Soleil ski area. Morgins is accessible from Geneva airport in about 80 minutes by car or slightly longer by public transport via direct train from Geneva Airport to Aigle and taxi to Morgins, or you can take the mountain railway from Aigle to Troistorrents and post bus to Morgins.
Photographs of the interior and exterior can be found on the following link. We have the top 2 floors with balconies on every side, which are on our ground floor, in the last chalet photograph.
Booking is done directly through the agent in Morgins and if you are interested the details are below. We have an arrangement with our friends at the ski shop for equipment hire, ski school and ski guiding at a discount.
The duplex apartment sleeps 8 and is laid out as follows:
- 4 full size bedrooms inc. 1 double (king size bed) en-suite with bath and separate shower enclosure and 3 twin rooms, which share a bathroom.
- 2 separate loos.
- Living area is open plan with a sitting area and dining area which has the benefit of a wood burning fire and the space is double height with very large picture windows producing a dramatic view of the forest and a stream in the valley.
- Ground floor has 360-degree balconies including the main double en-suite room and every room has a pleasing view of the valley, the village or the mountains.
- Central heating is provided under floor with a personal thermostat in each room/zone.
- Hot water is provided via a geo-thermal system.
- Kitchen is fully equipped to cater for 8 with a dishwasher, fridge/freezer, oven, hob and microwave.
- Cable television with large flat screen TV, iPod dock and DVD player.
- Underground car parking space and another space outside chalet.
- Lift from chalet front door to our front door.
- Communal sauna and hamman.
- Communal washing and drying facilities.
- Free ski bus from just across the road but the main lift is a few minutes walk away.
The local tourist website is:
and click on the UK flag in the top left corner for the English version.
You will find all information on the village here including all activities in the summer and winter, weather forecasts and a picture gallery along with webcams. Morgins is one of the most traditional, picturesque villages in the Portes de Soleil which is the worlds largest linked ski area with over 650km of pistes. It sits on the Swiss side of the border with France, therefore Chatel over the border is only 8 minutes away by car.
Don't forget that Switzerland is as beautiful in the summer as well as the winter and the weather is fabulous so you can follow the sun round on our 360 degree balconies on your sunlounger! There are lots of activities including mountain biking, and wonderful picturesque walks where you can take the ski lift up and walk downhill or gentler ones in the valley! And for the adventurous there is the Fantasticable in Chatel with zip wire rides from peak to peak along with a tree top adventure park at Champery. There are also thermal baths just a short car ride away at Val d'Illiez. Morgins sports centre has indoor and outdoor courts and a resident tennis professional and an open air swimming pool situated at the edge of the forest in idyllic surroundings. Water polo and table tennis competitions are organised during the summer holidays.
The main summer season is from the middle of July until the end of August but it is equally lovely at other times of the summer. The chalet is available to rent all the year round.
Morgins sits more or less on the border with France and therefore the Portes de Soleil ski area is accessible from the village. To the French side via the Corbeau lift in Morgins to Chatel and Super Chatel area and on to Torgon or Les Lindarets and Avoriaz. The Swiss side is accessed via the Foilleuses lift in the village to Champery/Les Crosets/Planachaux via Champoussin and back round to Avoriaz. The ski lifts are approximately 8 minutes from the chalet door on foot although there is a free ski bus which runs between the 2 lifts throughout the day in the winter. Morgins benefits from a completely separate and safe beginners area next to the crèche, with its own drag lift, toboggan area, restaurant and childrens snow park. The ski rental shop is literally across the road from the chalet and the best bar in the village is approximately 20 steps from the chalet front door! The pizzeria is also across the road and the other bars and restaurants in the village are all near.
The changeover day is Saturday.
The rental agency website is:
and if needed, click on the English button in the top right corner
Our reference page is:
Their telephone number is 00 41 24 477 2421 or
Geoff and Jill Hodgson
Tel: 0191 285 7699
Geoff mobile: 07803 989282
Jill mobile: 07846 226631